Koppensneller

2.2m -luokat autot tänne. (Ennestään 2.2 Pro)
Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Vs: Koppensneller

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Pe 04.12.2015 18:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29N-9GfwnM4
Here we have the finals course of EuroCrawl. Thanks to Antonio for filming it. Kuva I'll get back to EuroCrawl later. Now it's time to prepare Koppensneller for the last comp of the year. Kuva

Kuva
First I had to unpack everything from the trip. Kuva

Kuva
Nothing more to do than just screw tightening.

Kuva
It's ready for the final challenge of the year. RFOT's Crawl Cup #12/12. First crawling comp in Finland to be driven in December. Kuva

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... LA/pubhtml
Here is the link to the live scoring tomorrow. The comp will start at 08:00AM CET. I'm hoping to continue, where I left in Spain. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN
President of ERCCA / Member of WRCRCO
DravTech ~ Ottsix ~ RC4WD ~ Offipaita ~ Krawler Konceptz

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Ma 21.12.2015 22:54

Ok, finally I have enough time to sum up the weekend in Spain. Kuva

Kuva
First night was pure holiday feelings! Kuva Epic times!

Kuva
We arrived on sunday and got training with the pro's on tuesday. First stop was in the beach bar. Kuva

Kuva
Now that I have been running two years with this rig, my confidence towards it is beginning to show. Kuva

Kuva
Pic from thursday night, when the other guys started to arrive. I had pretty good training days with Koppensneller. Only broke my old CVD shaft during harsh landing on thursday.

Kuva
It's the comp day. I was in same group with my sister. There was also two guys from Spain and two from Portugal. So pretty good mix! Kuva

Kuva
I went first on the first course. I was suprisingly calm. Kuva

Kuva
This course was going good till gate six.

Kuva
Where I tried throttling a really steep sidehill gate and went over the lower one. Kuva

Kuva
Luckily nothing bigger problems than that wasn't occuring, so I think it was ok.

Kuva
On the first gate of Fanatic RC Course.

Kuva
This course was already a lot better for me. Managed to get clean performance with both bonuses. Kuva

Kuva
Second bonus was a bit trickier than first though. Kuva

Kuva
On the hardest gate of course four. This course could have been better for me as you will see from video soon. Kuva

Kuva
Course five went really well and this photo is already from sixth course.

Kuva
Another flawless course. Two of the qualification courses done without penalties. Kuva Pretty happy with that!

Kuva
Final gate of sixth course!

Kuva
After hearing that I'm in the lead before the finals, I prepared my rig to go for it first.

Kuva
First finals course turned out to be too hard and dangerous, so we did another one which included five (-10 point) bonus gates and ten regular ones. Six minutes was the time limit. Kuva

Kuva
First five gates - no problems. Approaching first bonus.

Kuva
I managed to drive it without a marker. Kuva

Kuva
Before gate six I tried another bonus, where I took one gate. And on the first try to clear sixth gate, I had to reverse once.

Kuva
Drove one more bonus and made it to finish in time! Kuva

Time to get on with the video analysis! Kuva

Krawler Konceptz Course (-29/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=antmSHCQx2s

First course. Didn't feel myself really nervous. I knew, that basic performing what I had done in this season is enough for the finals. First four gates went without problems. On fifth gate I figured, that my rig could just fit in there without lifting the tires on the other rock. Genious reverse with rear dig allowed me to pass it with only one penalty point. It all went wrong on the next gate where I tried to shoot myself though the gate without success. After that rest of the course went well. Stupid gate anyhow. Kuva

Fanatic RC Course (-40/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4v1qd4d738

Yet again I was able to succeed on my own course. Everything went as planned except a little panic throttle on fifth gate. Nothing to be worried about though. Kuva

Holmes Hobbies Course (-16/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL9t6KUn3Q8

This was easily the hardest pro course of the day. My plan was to try both bonuses. Plan went ok till I was on the nineth gate. Wideness of my rig didn't go well with the crack and I was badly stuck with only 20 seconds on the watch. Took a gate and somehow the rig positioned itself on the right side of the crack. With only ten seconds left I didn't take any chances and straddled the final gate. I think without the misery on second to last gate, it went really well. Kuva

Crawler Keller Course (-30/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2t3esD03Ss

From the looks of this course, it looked like a piece of cake from all gates except gate three. I managed to drive without mistakes all the way to gate nine and then took both of the bonuses. After the second bonus there was (and I'm not lying) four meters to finish gate. That point I notced, that I have empty battery. Rushing off to say Sofi, that go and get a battery. Time was running and I was able to make it in the minute, what I had left. Apprently after the lunch break I hadn't switched the battery to a new one. Kuva This was stupid ten points to loose.

Team Ottsix Course (-28/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKRAYfWLmp4

I can say, that this was the performance, that I'm really proud of. Only one to clear both of the bonuses. First bonus a little bit air time with bully! Kuva Second one turned out to be really extreme. Kuva But luckily I made it. To the second to last gate I didn't have enough time to progress it on a proper line, so I decided to straddle it. One more reverse on gate ten and finished five seconds early. Kuva Really, really good course for me.

RcBros Course (-40/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1R3974SqbY

The last qualification course. I knew this to be one of the easy courses, so I tried to go for a perfect score. On the second bonus gate my line was really close to the right gate, but somehow it passed it without a marker. Otherwise the whole course was pretty straight forward. Another perfect score! Kuva

DravTech Finals (-39/-70)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtE8hKLpvgI

At this point, I knew that my lead to Fred is so big, that finishing the finals course would be enough. But when you are in comp mode, there's no room for hand brake. So I decided to go the best I could. I got this similiar feeling in Nordics on the last finals course, where everything went as planned. Now it was almost the same, but I had to take one gate and one reverse. I drove three bonus gates from the five. I'm really happy about this performance as well. I was able to reduce my lead to Fred even more, which was good as well. And after the finals, champagne always tastes excellent!! Kuva

Kuva
So happy to be able to drive best performances here, in the most important competition of the whole year. Big congratulations to Fred and Chris for the podiums. These guys will be definately hungry for more next time. Kuva Kuva

Kuva
Pure joy! Kuva

Kuva
Here are the final results. The gap got really big after the finals. Kuva

Kuva
Beautiful spanish night offered some hardcore crawling and right after that a really good night on the bar! KuvaKuva

Kuva
All in all my trip to Spain was yet again a huge success. Kuva

Kuva
Finnish, German, Spanish, Nordic and now - European Champion!! Kuva

Kuva
Yet again, huge shout out to the supporters of EuroCrawl 2015! It was great to have you on board! KuvaKuva

Kuva
Me and Arttu went on top of Almuñécar to see the final sunrise before we left from Spain. Pretty breathtaking scenery indeed. Kuva Last of all big thanks to everyone involved in this great weekend of fun! Thanks to Sofi, who is filming these performances. It's so awesome to look afterwards! And biggest thanks to all of my present and previous sponsors in this season! It would definately not be the same without your continuous support!

DravTech
RC4WD
Team Ottsix
PURPMART
Offipaita.fi
Krawler Konceptz
Team Brood Racing
E.Y. Designs

PICTURES: Jorge Teixeira & João Gurreiro

From the heat of Spain to the slippery RFOT's Crawl Cup finals of 2015, which were held on the next weekend after EuroCrawl. Kuva

Kuva
Weather was really good bearing in mind, that it is already December.

Kuva
I decided to change nothing from the comp setup of Spain.

Kuva
Rig worked really well, but it was really hard to adapt the driving style back to finnish rocks. They were this time too, insanely slippery! Kuva

Kuva
We ran four courses. First two went ok. Mistakes here and there. On third course I had really stupid mistakes after gate nine. Drived straight into a stick and didn't want to reverse. Rolled over on some plants and I had to take a roll over. Got stuck on the freakin' plant and reversed straight to my feet. KuvaKuva Hahahahhahaaa. One point switched to sixteen! Kuva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CouT1C5rdNQ
Video from the last course of season 2015. Other than hitting the fifth gate it was really good. No perfect performances on these rocks. Kuva

Kuva
Driving against my main rival Saku again. I was able to pull off the victory even with the terrible mastakes on third course.

Quite good last competition behind. The rig has been stayed on the shelf after this comp. Soon it's time to dig it back on the table and start conversing it to SuDu Pro Mod 3D chassis. More of that later. Kuva
Viimeksi muokannut Zarizi Tech, La 26.12.2015 16:51. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » La 26.12.2015 16:50

Time for the last message of the season 2015.

Kuva
In RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 Koppensneller was able to take the title for second year in row. Kuva Congrats to Saku and Lasse, who were able to take the other victories. There were some pretty intense competitions! Kuva

Kuva
This was the second season for me with this rig. It's beginning to show as a massive confidence during the competitions. Now it's time to do a little change with the new chassis, but mainly it'll stay the same. Why changing a good setup?

Kuva
Absolute highlight of the season was this epic finals course during the Nordics. I still belive, it's the best performance I have ever made. Kuva Sick courses, tight competition and the awesome company gives the most in this hobby! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » La 09.01.2016 21:18

Today I managed to get myself to garage. Kuva

Kuva
Found some new stuff on the table. Kuva

Kuva
Started working with this thingy.

Kuva
It's good, that I had some red hardware left! Kuva

Kuva
"Just a dab of glue" done wrong. Kuva

Kuva
Step up in the game! Kuva

Tomorrow I'd like to see this thing already mounted. Hopefully I have time to do so. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Su 10.01.2016 18:52

Second day in row for me at garage! Kuva Cross in tha wall!

Kuva
Sad to do this.

Kuva
But let's tear this beast down.

Kuva
Another set of these to my collection. Kuva

Kuva
Old vs. new. Kuva

Kuva
I thought I had a set of Jato rod ends lying around, but didn't find any. Have to grab them from my foff. Kuva "Just loaning".

Kuva
Old chassis removed, time to install the game changer! Kuva

Kuva
Highly needed components to make it going.

Kuva
Rear axle istalled. It's gonna have some clearance! Kuva

Kuva
And tons of squat!

Kuva
Front axle is now installed as well. Kuva

Kuva
It's got the same clearance at full droop as the old one in ride height. Kuva

Kuva
I could barely fit my ESC's and BEC in the chassis. Receiver sits nicely in the electronic plate. Kuva

Kuva
Now we need just few finishing touches before it's ready for testing and tuning! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Ma 11.01.2016 21:10

THIRD NIGHT in the garage KuvaKuvaKuvaKuva I'm really pacing up here!

Kuva
First job was to get shock setup better from the rear. That's how I ended up.

Kuva
That was the setup in the old chassis.

Kuva
Looks good, feels even better.

Kuva
Front suspension was up for change too. On the right the new setup and on the left old setup. Kuva

Kuva
I guess threading the chassis didn't go all that well after all.... Kuva

Kuva
Here you can see finished skid setup and my shortened electronics plate.

Kuva
It all sits there nicely! Kuva

Kuva
After a quick test that everything is working on the garage floor, it's time for some more poser pics. Kuva This is the suspension all the way up.

Kuva
Full droop.

Kuva
Pretty pleased how that turned out. Kuva

Kuva
That squad is something we didn't have in the old chassis. Kuva

Kuva
Electronics at full droop. Nice and tight. Kuva

Kuva
Here is the flex. Almost Voodoo height.

Kuva
Next weekend I will have possibility to go and test this thing indoors. Can't   wait to see the performance! Kuva

Kuva
It surely looks like a performer! Kuva Now I'm just waiting for the skins to arrive and then it's complete. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Su 17.01.2016 20:23

Yesterday I was able to test Koppensneller with the new chassis in The Bunker.

Kuva
First some comparation between the new and old chassis.

Kuva
Front of the chassis seemed to be exactly the same.

Kuva
I need to do minor adjustments for the front suspension to get full squat.

Kuva
Plenty of room under the roof.

Kuva
The whole day I was tinkering with the suspension. It got improvements during the day. Kuva

Kuva
Time to see how it does.

Kuva
We did one tricky course to see the performance. Bully weight + Voodoo pins was suprisingly not that good on the wooden surface. I really had to fight my lines through there. Kuva

Kuva
Thank god I don't have to drive on wooden surface all that often. Kuva

Kuva
Tight turns were just as easy with this chassis as they've been with the old one.

Kuva
Spots like this, I really found out I need to adjust the suspension more. Ride was quite bouncy.

Kuva
The performance changed quite a lot between different spots. Kuva

Kuva
After the testing I managed to get the rear suspension working quite well.

Kuva
This was really difficult course. Kuva

Kuva
And I didn't feel all that ready behind the wheel after one month break.

Kuva
But good enough, I managed to clear all the gates of the course, which was my goal. This gate was especially tricky. Kuva

Kuva
Finally LaaLaa found quite interesting line to it and I managed to climb it too. Kuva

Kuva
We also found few things to improve from the chassis. Rear bit of the cf sideplate could be moved to the front. It's too vonuarable in there. Here is good pic, that it will be in high stress areas at times. This time inside the course element. Kuva

Kuva
All in all performance felt slightly improved from the SuDu Pro. Just needs a little bit more time and testing and it will be even better. Kuva

https://youtu.be/5xmDatU_XOQ
Here is a little video of it running. I also wanted to know if the chassis can survive my driving style. Look at the video and you'll find if it did. Kuva

Building continues tomorrow. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Ke 20.01.2016 20:21

Some more tuning done!

Kuva
Dlux knuckles and XR universals. Kuva

Kuva
Got quite a lot of more steering after stealing that stuff from my old shafty. Kuva

Kuva
Loved them in the shafty, so it's about time to get these in action.

Kuva
New skins came down quickly! Thanks Michelle! KuvaKuva

Kuva
Pretty small side panel attached.

Kuva
Hood with THE flag. Kuva

Kuva
This thing does stand out! Kuva

Kuva
Michelle got quite fresh looking view designing these updated Koppensneller skins. Love em! Kuva

Kuva
Maximum steering without grabbing the lower links.

Kuva
I just love the way it looks so dangerous. Kuva

Kuva
I'm gonna start with maximum weight on the knuckles.

Kuva
Switched from Losi MRC silver springs to Losi Mini-T silvers. Front end feels way better now.

Kuva
My current setup coming here. In front the link/shock attachement is on outer holes. Shock and link is attached inside.

Kuva
Lower links are on the lowest hole and shock is on the third.

Kuva
Using OG SCX10 shock cap in the middle hole of the chassis. Uppers are attached on second lowest holes on the chassis axle side.

Kuva
Uppers are on the top hole of upper link attachement of the axle. The mount itself is on the highest possible holes.

Kuva
Rear shocks are attached on the second hole. I'm using axial rod end as a shock caps in the rear shocks.

Kuva
Rear link/shock attachement is inside of the axle and shock and link are outside of the attachement.

Kuva
Links again in the lowest hole and shocks on the third.

Kuva
Upper links are on the second highest hole and the mount is on high position in the axle.

Kuva
Rear upper are attached on the upper axle side hole.

Kuva
Overall setup on rear axle.

Kuva
I had to trim a little bit off from the skid to make long rod ends to fit without preassure on flex.

Kuva
Running 40wt oil both front and rear.

Kuva
First comp with these two are on saturday. Wintersnertcrawl in The Netherlands. KuvaKuva

Douwe........................ Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » La 30.01.2016 20:36

Okey, back from The Netherlands!

Kuva
Serge was kind enough to offer me a place to sleep and transportation for the weekend. Big thanks to him and his wonderful family! KuvaKuva

Kuva
Little tuning on friday night before the comp.

Kuva
Beautiful morning in Spaarnwoude just outside of Amsterdam opened for us. Kuva

Kuva
First comp with the new chassis ahead!

Kuva
Skins are definately top notch for this rig! Kuva

Kuva
No scratches. Yet. Kuva

Kuva
Apparently this was some sort of training park for these. Kuva Us fat kids were just playing with toy trucks! Kuva

Kuva
Really good looking spot this.

Kuva
Guys making the second course of the day.

Kuva
That tag misses letters "o" and "d". Kuva

Kuva
In the middle of the comp spot there was these stairs, which were used for training quite a lot during the day. Kuva

Kuva
My skins after the comp. Few scratches now here and there. Kuva

Kuva
But the whole rig is looking so damn good in my eyes. And it really performs as well.

Kuva
Really good comp for me. Nothing broke and I'm semi happy with the courses as well.

Let's see them in video corner, shall we! Kuva

Course 1 - (-30/-30)

https://youtu.be/kwXrGk4kqKc
First course with the new chassis. Was excited to see the performance. Rocks were suprisingly slick out there, but I managed to get through without penalties. Good course for me, no reason to be upset. Kuva

Course 2 - (-17/-30)

https://youtu.be/oVMdFCmaPkQ
This was the hardest course of the day. First two gates were relatively easy. Third one was really narrow, but perfectly do able with the new chassis. Kuva Then off to the first bonus which took a lot of time to tackle through. Gate seven was this time my point eater. Took three reverses there, where I could just drive it straight from the first try with a right line. Oh well.... Kuva Rest of the course went well though.

Course 3 - (-30/-30)

https://youtu.be/_Y8ijcWw7vs
Course three turned out to be the easiest of the day for me. No problems on the way. Nothing at all. Driving was silky smooth. Just the way it should be! Kuva

Course 4 - (-30/-30)

https://youtu.be/JJQPUCiLXmU
The last course was a really long one. On the second gate the new improved steering got in use. Gotta love it now! Kuva Dropped off from the cliff with panicing on the throttle, but luckily I didn't brake anything or loose points. I was on the roof quite a few times in there, I have to admit that. Kuva But no mistakes and another perfect run. Kuva

Kuva
Took home the victory with a good gap to the second! Kuva It was pleasure to run with these folks. It's been ages since the last time we met.

Big thanks to the competitors of the day. I had really good time in The Netherlands! Kuva Hoping to see these fellas in the Worlds! Kuva

Next comp for me will be on 20th of february in The Bunker. So it'll be indoor comp once again. Not my strongest area, but I will try to improve from last year! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Pe 19.02.2016 11:21

Time to get set for the first competition of 2016 in Finland.

Kuva
Just making sure everything is nice and tight. Kuva

Kuva
Comp will be arranged in The Bunker, Lahti. Definately not my favorite terrain, but I'll try to make it better than it was last year when I ended up fourth after miserable competition. Kuva

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... zg/pubhtml
Behind that Link you can follow live scoring. We will begin at 10AM CET on saturday. Kuva It will also be a real high level comp, when two vikings from Norway are attending. Good times lies ahead! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » La 05.03.2016 20:26

First comp of the year in Finland is in the books.

Kuva
Had great company with the top drivers of Finland and few pretty good ones from Norway and Estonia!

Kuva
Rig was working without problems for the whole day. It was just little bit too heavy to the stairs of The Bunker. Kuva

Kuva
I had really hard time progressing those. Kuva But I wasn't the only one.

Kuva
Still managed to do finished scores on two of the courses, which automatically put me on the podium.

https://youtu.be/OZE7Sjhz1Tg
Here is my best performance of the day. Course two. Even in there was two stupid gates, but still I managed to finish. Im happy how the rig performes in terrain like that. Kuva

Kuva
But as years before have shown, this time either I was no match for the locals of Lahti. Congrats again guys!! Kuva

Kuva
It's a pretty clear third spot. Happy that I managed to improve from last years fourth spot. Kuva

Next comp will be on the end of this month outdoors. Can't wait! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Su 17.04.2016 11:28

Finally back in business. Switched my job and it's awfully difficult to find time to do my topics. Kuva

Kuva
Few weeks back we started the outdoor season in Finland.

Kuva
In the first course I wasn't quite able to make it to the finish. The last gate turned out to be really hard and I just couldn't find way through it.

Kuva
Here I am on the start of the second course.

Kuva
Weather was damp, but not wet.

Kuva
Rig feels easier to control with the new chassis. Still needs more driving though.

Kuva
Start of the course went really well.

Kuva
Now when I see them motors from the pics, it's probably time to take one step back and get me a nice set of Stubbies again. Kuva

Kuva
Everything is still going as planned.

Kuva
We had only four competitors on that day.

Kuva
Then it was turn of this nightmare gate.

Kuva
I wasn't quite able to drive it like a planned and it all went wrong so fast.

Kuva
Two gates from the top of the rock. Kuva Nice job duuuude!

Kuva
With relatively easy courses as these were, I knew that I had to take all the bonuses available.

Kuva
So I went for the second one.

Kuva
And there my luck didn't turn. Got stuck so badly, that I had to take a repo. Kuva

Kuva
That's the point where I realized, that this isn't my day.

Kuva
Some pics after the comp. Third and fourth course went really well, but the score from the second course ruined my day completely.

Kuva
Rig feels astonishing to drive still. Makes smile on my face time after time. Kuva

https://youtu.be/9sg2FVU--mE
Here we have the third course shooted on video. This course went well without bigger mistakes. Kuva

Kuva
At the end with better driving my brother took the win leaving me and my dad second and third. Not the best day for me, but spring is coming. Kuva

Kuva
From the results you can see the difference in course two. Kuva

Kuva
It was spectacular sunset in the night and I thought I'd like to take a promotion pic of the rig on the ice. Kuva

Kuva
MAYBE YES. KuvaKuva

Next comp coming on next sunday, I hope to get some better results on there.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » To 05.05.2016 12:34

The third outdoor comp of the year for me was held two weeks ago.

Kuva
Sunny day started with tasty beer. Kuva

Kuva
Terrain looked mercyless.

Kuva
Overall I had good comp. Managed to finish all four courses.

Kuva
Second course was really hard and I even managed to secure one bonus in there. Kuva

Kuva
Rig is working best when you drive it slowly and controlled. The new chassis doesn't give you the chance to mess around.

Kuva
And that's a really good thing. I just need to find time to do training and be at my best on the competitions.

Kuva
It's all in that package. I just need to find the flow. Kuva

https://youtu.be/ZDDhZ33G7I4
Here is third course on video. There you can see some serious bonus gates, which were not success for me this time. Kuva

Kuva
Clear victory with calm driving. Just need to improve the driving itself and I'm back in the form.

Kuva
Scores tell everything. Can't wait to get driving in the big comps again. Kuva

Next comp will be held on saturday and it will be the second leg of RFOT's Crawl Cup 2016. Good amount of entries so far, so I'm waiting for a high level rock crawling.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Ke 29.06.2016 17:39

Due to my previous job (which just ended) I haven't been able to post any updates for a long time. Now it's time to catch things up.

Kuva
Starting with RFOT's Crawl Cup Comp three on early may.

Kuva
New spot to drive on. Possibly the location of 2017 Nordics. Really good spot with a lot of pure grippy rock. Kuva

Kuva
Here are pics from the third course.

Kuva
Going up the bonus gate. I had good first two courses with perfect scores. Kuva

Kuva
This was good practise for the Finnish Series opener, that would be next weekend from this.

Kuva
Rig worked stunningly well in there. Just loving the new chassis.

Kuva
Closing in the nineth gate.

Kuva
There you can really see the ground clearance that this thing is offering! Kuva

Kuva
First try was a fail.

Kuva
Second bonus gate. Tried to jump to the finishing gate without luck.

Kuva
Got this one perfect as well, but on the last course I finally had to take couple of straddles to finish. Kuva

https://youtu.be/sV9WUJ4F-vU
Here is the third course on video. Really happy about this performance. Kuva

Kuva
Best score from all four courses made me a happy guy after the comp. The confidence to this rig is raising comp by comp. Kuva

Next update will be about the first comp of Finnish RC Crawling Series.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Ke 29.06.2016 18:44

Next it was time to head to east. Almost in the Russian border was held the first of total five rounds of Finnish RC Crawling Series.

Kuva
What a beautiful place and weather.

Kuva
First day in this year, that all the crawler and scale enthusiast come together to have fun. Kuva

Kuva
First course behind with perfect score! Kuva

Kuva
These photos are from the second course, which was the easiest of the day.

Kuva
My Dlux knuckle upper part cracked during harsh landing on this course. Luckily I managed to keep it in one part for the whole comp.

Kuva
This chassis still offers a lot of eye candy. Haven't yet ruined it completely. Kuva

Kuva
All the time I'm getting more and more familiar with the edges of the performance in this.

Kuva
Tricky gate eight mastered nicely.

Kuva
Tried first this gate from the bottom. Not too easy to reach. Then just jumped it from the side like everyone else. Kuva

Kuva
Only one reverse on this course. Course three went well too with only two reverses.

https://youtu.be/YtzpLmG10KQ
Here is the most difficult course of the day. I was the only one to make it to the finishing line. I even had time to try one of the bonuses. Few gates on the start were really hard to drive, so you'de have to make many straddles. Happy about my performance on this one! Kuva

Kuva
And here are the results. Good start for the season indeed. It's gonna be one heck of a fight with LaaLaa again this year! Kuva

Next comp to catch up is RFOT's Crawl Cup 2016 Comp 3. Stay tuned for more updates!
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Ke 29.06.2016 21:10

Ok, next update and last for the day. On the end of may we had third round of RFOT's Crawl Cup 2016 in Rauma.

Kuva
This was the last comp before leaving to The Nordics.

Kuva
We made good and hard courses to practise.

Kuva
Yet again, the weather was spot on. Forecast promised rain, but we only saw the sun. Kuva

Kuva
These pics are from the last course. This didn't go so well for me. Three gates including this one. Kuva

Kuva
Luckily first three courses had went well, so I was well in the lead before this one.

Kuva
This second bonus came really slippery in the end.

Kuva
Like this climb. Too steep to try straight from below.

Kuva
Tried several times from different directions and have to gave up. Kuva

https://youtu.be/0D-i182wsvM
Here is the third course on video. This was quite nice one! Kuva Only took one reverse in there.

Kuva
Another win in the series. Pretty confident feeling before the big comp.

Kuva
Here are the results. No need for excitement before the last course. Kuva

Kuva
After the comp we went up on the water tower, which had a nice restaurant on it. The comp place was right below the tower. From the top you can see the whole city, which was nice. Kuva

Kuva
Cool spot, I have to say!

Next update will be tomorrow from The 2016 Nordics! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » To 30.06.2016 13:43

Then it was time to prepare for the Nordics 2016.

Kuva
Filled the shocks and changed the grease on the axles.

Kuva
Weather was pretty stunning at the comp area for the whole weekend. Kuva

Kuva
Thursday night was basic Nordics stuff! Kuva Sober arm wrestling. Kuva

Didn't find any pics of my rig from the comp and unfortunately didn't have time to take any, so we'll go straight to the video corner! Kuva

Krawler Konceptz Course - (-19/-20)
https://youtu.be/5bxDLhglySs
Semi hard course to start, but from the first meters I had good confident feeling on the rig. Every spot went just as I planned. Only one tactical reverse, to avoid unnecassary risks. This was a good one. Kuva

Dlux Fab Course - (-20/-20)
https://youtu.be/CyD483g17HY
The hardest course in paper of the whole competition. I was the only one to make it to the finishing gate. With perfect score. I think this was my kind of course, with a lot of jumping and testing the rigs durability. Kuva

DravTech Course - (-19/-20)
https://youtu.be/j1pgcEfG55Y
This course as well had it's tricky spots, where one could easily get a lot of points. Somehow I managed to avoid them pretty well and got to gate nine without mistakes. That turned out to be extremely tricky for me somehow. Kuva Tried to make a little jump, so the rig wouldn't fall down, but failed both times. On the third attempt I succeed, but had to take one reverse to pull it off completely.

RcBros Course - (-7/-20)
https://youtu.be/HtRrQrkgwTg
This course didn't look too hard from the start, but it turned out to be the hardest for me in the whole competition. Already reverse before the first gate and marker from gate three. Allthough as far as I know nobody wasn't able to clear it without marker. Kuva Two more reverses approaching gate nine, but both of them were worth it. Kuva

Crawler Innvations Course - (-10/-20)
https://youtu.be/0VRc0Hx2FAM
This course was built by me. It's always 50/50 chances to get your own course right. This time it went really well except for stupid and completely unnecassary gate five. Kuva Luckily this marker was the only stupid marker I had in the competition. Kuva Fun course all in all.

Holmes Hobbies Course - (-9/-20)
https://youtu.be/ME-sjbDV0dM
Too bad the battery of our camera died just after two gates. This was hard course as you will see from the points, but I was able to clear it pretty well. Only one gate on the way and yet again it was a gate, that nobody wasn't able to clear. Kuva

Finals Course - (-47/-50)
https://youtu.be/LBKTm4t-Hcw
This course design was different from the others. Ten regular gates and three bonus gates everyone worth -10 points. I had a good feeling after qualification and I drove the finals last since I was in the lead. Fun but challenging course and I was able to make it with only three reverses. One of the runs, that I will remember. Kuva

Kuva
First place ahead of Arve and Jukka! Felt good to return third year in a row to the first place. With a same rig! Kuva

Kuva
Here are the scores. No need for any words this. Kuva

Kuva
And what an awesome trophy! Kuva

Kuva
Other classes went quite well for me as well. Very, very cool weekend in Sweden! Thanks for everyone who was involved! Kuva

Next up will be the last update, before we are on date! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » To 30.06.2016 14:28

[QUOTE=Snatch;5527154]Huge congrats Samu,again a monumental performance Kuva Kuva[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chris! Hoping this to continue, can't wait for France! Kuva

Ok, last update. Three weeks ago we had the second round of Finnish National Series in Kirkkonummi.

Kuva
Before starting on course, I noted that I have crushed bearing on the knuckle. So I switched the whole upper part to aluminium one, so it would hold.

Kuva
Starting course three here.

Kuva
Again the rig had been working flawless all of the day and I managed to   get good scores from the courses.

Kuva
This was one of the tricky courses of the day.

Kuva
Here I am, going on the bonus nobody had made so far. I was able to pull it off with patience. Kuva

Kuva
This bit got me in trouble. I spent over a minute trying to climb that spot.

Kuva
Stuck from the axles. Kuva Eventually I managed to break free and got to the finishing line five second before running out of time.

https://youtu.be/sU-n5Jzsw0I
Here is the first course on video. Again course built by me. This time I got it right and made best score on this one. Allthough the grip suprised us after the Nordics, which didn't offer too good grip. Kuva

Kuva
Another victory in Finnish Series! This season has started way better than I dared to dream! Kuva

Kuva
Point difference isn't like the one in The Nordics, but it is enough! Kuva

Kuva
This rivalry continues after few weeks, when we will be driving the third round of championship. Kuva

Now, off to the garage to get the rig ready for some training. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » To 29.09.2016 14:26

Kuva

Oh deary me. I feel bit ashamed of my updatings in this season. I have been just so busy, that I had to give up for something. I'll catch up all the comps before it turns to 2017, and that's a promise.   ;D

Rig has been pretty freakin epic this season. It got me win in the Nordics, title in Finnish National Series and title in RFOT's Crawl Cup. Basically all of it.

There's only one comp left.   ;) Total rebuild before that is ahead.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Vastaa Viestiin