Kai-modosu

2.2s (shafty)
Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Vs: Kai-modosu

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Su 13.09.2015 14:46

Yesterday we had a proper fight for the victory in RFOT's Crawl Cup #9! Kuva

Kuva
Another sunny day with awesome rocks to crawl on.

Kuva
Ready to hit the first course.

Kuva
The grip was really good as it was relatively warm out there.

Kuva
Actually the grip had suprised the course builders. These gates turned out to be walk thru.

Kuva
Had to take everything out of it though, cause this was probably the last training before EuroCrawl with a decent weather.

Kuva
Going for bonus!

Kuva
I was the only one even trying it. Made it with one reverse.

Kuva
Gate number ten ahead. Kuva

Kuva
After perfect run on second course, it was time for break. Kuva

Kuva
And this pic tells everything about the weather. Not Vegas temps, but still pretty darn warm in Finland yesterday! Kuva

Kuva
Going for course three next.

Kuva
This course turned out to be easy as well.

Kuva
Perfect course for me. After three courses Arttu was following twelve points behind me, so I had to drive well the last course. Kuva

Kuva
First three gates went well in there, but then I rolled over and as I was trying to drive the rig up I noticed that the tire had jammed on screw on the drag link again. I ripped the whole tire apart. So I had to take a repair.

Kuva
After repair, I didn't have too much time to finish the course. Hit two gates and took several reverses to finish it. I got +4 points from there.

Kuva
My face when I could breath again. Kuva Luckily the course wasn't easy for other competitors too. Arttu got score 0, so I took the victory with 9 points marginal. Kuva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYMRN38l-bc
Here is the third course on video. Few tricky spots, but mainly basic stuff.

Kuva
Here you can see the passenger front tire. Foam is coming out! Kuva

Kuva
Tight one for sure! Kuva

Now it's time to take one month break before the next comp. Leaving to holidays after next week. Gotta make new front tires before next comp, but that's about it. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN
President of ERCCA / Member of WRCRCO
DravTech ~ Ottsix ~ RC4WD ~ Offipaita ~ Krawler Konceptz

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Pe 16.10.2015 21:29

Time to get this thing ready for the next one! Kuva

Kuva
Tires are completely ruined, but new ones are already on the way. Kuva In tomorrows comp I'm gonna switch tires between my pro.

Kuva
These axles have already seen some rocks. Kuva

Kuva
And felt them! Kuva

Kuva
Otherwise everything is ready for tomorrow. RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 #10/12 is up next.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... a4/pubhtml
Here is live scoring of the comp if someone is interested. It'll start at 09:00AM CET. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Pe 23.10.2015 19:53

RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 #10/12 was driven last weekend in Lahti.

Kuva
The school, which was still up in this place last year was now gone. Luckily the rocks were still at the same spot. Kuva

Kuva
I had yet again amazing comp. Really nothing to complain.

Kuva
These pics are from the last course.

Kuva
There were some really tough courses at the start of the comp.

Kuva
Especially course two was really tricky. Kuva

Kuva
Another comp, where this rig worked without a single problem.

Kuva
It still is amazing how good this rig has been. When you have the touch for it, I don't feel like I want to change it for the next season...

Kuva
Full throttle through gate nine! Kuva

Kuva
Maybe I will just find a way to make it legal for next year. Move the motor to the chassis and electornics down to the axle.

Kuva
Approaching finish! Kuva

Kuva
Made it through without penalties! Kuva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3pKbLKYAHA
Course two in video. This was easily the hardest course of the day. I was the only one to make it. Kuva

Kuva
15/15. That's my new record. I love this thing! KuvaKuva

Kuva
With this victory I also secured the RFOT's Crawl Cup title 2015. It has been one hell of a season so far. And the highlight is still to come. Kuva

After two weeks we will be having the final comp before leaving to Spain. I'm gonna glue new front tires till then. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Pe 30.10.2015 18:54

Time for much waited tire update!

Kuva
Ripped out the old tires from these Dlux rims.

Kuva
New foams and front tires for both of my 2.2 rigs. Kuva

Kuva
Here is the foam setup I'm using. 6.0" CC narrow inner and soft outer with soft tuning ring.

Kuva
Vented the tires this time from on the tire istead of the sides. Hopefully this will ensure longer life for this set. Kuva

Kuva
Happy with my new sponsor. Purpmart does it well!! Kuva

Kuva
All set for the last comp before leaving to Spain. Last training! Kuva

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... qU/pubhtml
Behind this link you can follow the comp live scoring. It will start at 09:00AM CET on 7th of November. Fingers crossed! Kuva
Viimeksi muokannut Zarizi Tech, Pe 30.10.2015 18:54. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Su 08.11.2015 16:24

Eleventh comp of RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 is done.

Kuva
Pretty wet day on the rocks, but well worth to be there! Kuva

Kuva
Ready for the fourth course.

Kuva
Yet again I had a fantastic comp. Nothing seems to be stopping this rig this year.

Kuva
No bigger problems in this day either.

Kuva
Courses were challenging, but I was able to try every single gate and also made most of them. Kuva

Kuva
I'm already eager to see the performance in Spanish rocks.

Kuva
Going for the bonus gate on the last course.

Kuva
Another done! Kuva

Kuva
This was good last course before starting to think about the fight of European Champion title! Kuva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDDiqXDLfpE
Fourth course on video. Approaching to the last bonus was one of a kind! Kuva

Kuva
Results. Well, no need for speculation. Kuva

Next week the preparation and tech for EuroCrawl starts.
Viimeksi muokannut Zarizi Tech, Su 08.11.2015 16:24. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » To 19.11.2015 17:55

Finally all set for take off on sunday! Kuva

Kuva
I tore the whole rig apart to see all the possible damage during the year.

Kuva
Everyhting is still in order in these axles. Two years of continuous racing with these. Kuva

Kuva
All though two years has made a little bind in the rear pins. Replaced them with axial pins. Kuva

Kuva
I've been lucky, that they were still on. Kuva

Kuva
Some VP grease and it's good for another two years. Kuva

Kuva
Other than the links and couple of rod ends, it was as good as new. Kuva

Kuva
Really looking forward to see it's capability on the beach rocks of Almuñécar.

Kuva
Tires washed and all set for take off. My goal is to fight for the first European Champion trophy. Not gonna be peace of cake even with this rig. There is some pretty talented drivers and awesome rigs on line. Kuva

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...3SDSlI/pubhtml
Be sure to follow the live scoring on sunday. Kuva

Kuva
The plane is leaving on sunday morning. I will be having few days time to get know the rig in grippy rocks. Kuva
Viimeksi muokannut Zarizi Tech, To 19.11.2015 17:55. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Pe 04.12.2015 18:31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr2RMfaLKv0
Here is video of my run in the finals of EuroCrawl. I'm really happy about this performance. Kuva I'll get back to the things of EuroCrawl later, now it's time to constentrate for the last comp of the year.

Kuva
Removing quite a lot of weight from the front axle after Spain. Kuva

Kuva
Just left with one extra slug.

Kuva
Otherwise it's all set for the last one. Let's see what kind of weather we have in here tomorrow. Right now there is not snow. Kuva

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... LA/pubhtml
Here you can follow the live scoring of the comp. It'll start at 08:00AM CET tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to get good performance before the winter break. Kuva
Viimeksi muokannut Zarizi Tech, Pe 04.12.2015 18:31. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Arttu Ahtiainen
Vanhempi jäsen

Viesti Kirjoittaja Arttu Ahtiainen » Su 06.12.2015 17:35

Hei onneks olkoon dominoidusta vuodesta, kaikki voitettiin mitä voitettavissa oli parempaan ei olis pystyny. Itsekkin sain koittaan espanjassa kaitsua finaalin jälkeen ja onhan se aika peli menemään verrattuna omaan saftyyn, mut tälleen meni tämä vuosi ja ensi vuonna samukin joutuu palaamaan kuolevasten joukkoon   8)
Reenit ilman liiturajoja ovat turhia!

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Ti 22.12.2015 18:13

Arttu Ahtiainen kirjoitti: Hei onneks olkoon dominoidusta vuodesta, kaikki voitettiin mitä voitettavissa oli parempaan ei olis pystyny. Itsekkin sain koittaan espanjassa kaitsua finaalin jälkeen ja onhan se aika peli menemään verrattuna omaan saftyyn, mut tälleen meni tämä vuosi ja ensi vuonna samukin joutuu palaamaan kuolevasten joukkoon  8)
Hei, tänks! Ensi kaudella joutuu taas ajamaan.  :-[

Finally time for a little sum up of the trip in Spain! Kuva

Kuva
Weather was like this for the whole trip! Kuva

Kuva
We arrived on sunday and got straight on the rocks! Kuva

Kuva
After a little fuzzy training we "stopped by" at the beach bar. Left from there at the night. KuvaKuva

Kuva
Another training session was held on tuesday night with the local drivers.

Kuva
Rambo, yacos and Litri were really good company to do few training courses! Kuva

Kuva
Even by night the weather was excellent. I was really enjoying the trip so far.

Kuva
Thursday morning. Going to the rocks with The Lizard! Kuva

Kuva
Sunday morning opened up beautiful just like the ones before it. Comp day! Kuva

Kuva
Progress from the first bonus of Krawler Konceptz course.

Kuva
I was in the same group with my sister and three portugese guys. We had so much fun out there. Kuva

Kuva
Another bonus on the way!

Kuva
In the first course I had to take three reverses. It was really good one for me.

Kuva
On the second course I was able to get a perfect run! Kuva

Kuva
Epic picture from the third course! Kuva

Kuva
Before the competition I already had a guess of my main rivals. I thought TotoRax would be the main contender. And he surely was! Kuva

Kuva
Bonus time on Holmes Hobbies course!

Kuva
Another perfect run! So, in total three reverses from the first three courses. Kuva

Kuva
Crawler Keller course number four. This was the worst of the day for me. Kuva

Kuva
Managed to make this gate with one reverse.

Kuva
Here was the mistake. First gate of the day. Kuva

Kuva
Had to take multiple reverses to this bonus.

Kuva
Enjoyed the driving of the day. It was great to see the portugese chaps getting better and better course by course! Kuva

Kuva
First comp in many years to connect so many nationalities! Kuva

Kuva
It was honestly fun weekend from the start to the end. Only happy faces to be seen. Kuva

Kuva
Sun was setting and it was time to hit the finals course!

Kuva
Since TotoRax had one DNF, I was the one to start it as the leader.

Kuva
10 gate course with five (-10 point) bonuses. In this class as well, I knew that basic performing to finish would be enough to secure the title. But in comp mode it's all or nothing. Drove all of the bonuses! Kuva

Kuva
Full speculation as the finals were progressing forwards. Kuva

Then it's time for one last video corner from Spain! Kuva

Krawler Konceptz Course (-37/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZuEg6yBvc

First course of the day. This went almost as planned. One non planned reverse on the second bonus gate, when the front end got light. Other than that, it was pretty basic stuff for this rig. Kuva

Fanatic RC Course (-40/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=helDiNrWWy0

Another course build by me. I just drove it like a meant it to be driven. Kuva Not often you get to say that though. Perfect. Kuva

Holmes Hobbies Course (-40/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7qW_h02luA

Another really good run. Before I went to this course, I was prepared for a couple of reverses. Neither one of those were necassary at the end. And I even had plenty of time to spare in the finish. Fun course, at least with this rig. Kuva

Crawler Keller Course (-24/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIz_WV3rywI

This was the worst course of the day for me. Took one reverse to clear gate two and approaching to the third gate, I took the "I'm a crawler god"-line and ended up rolling. Kuva With a massive luck I was able to make it with only one reverse. Kuva Next problem was on the drop to gate seven. First time I tried, I dropped over the gate. Got no penalties, but didn't make it clean. Tried another time and rolled on the gate. Bummer! First gate of the comp. Kuva Managed to drive it on it's wheels again and progressed the gate. Went for another bonus and took I scrappy reverse, which ended up me taking plenty of more. Kuva Mistakes, mistakes... Well rest of the course went ok, and I managed to finish it.

Team Ottsix Course (-20/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqDrR63Ge6M

Actually, now when I look the points, this turned out to be my worst course. Kuva Second gate was really tricky. Didn't see anyone making it in my time. Probably somebody did though. Tried to give it some nexus throttle, but stopped too early to make the gate clean. Kuva Then on sixth gate my rig bounced back on the gate after progressing it and my frustration roar came out. Kuva Should have been driving slower... Rest of the course was easy, but two big mistakes on this course. One completely stupid one.

RcBros Course (-28/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxJ4wdCCyA8

This was longer course that it looks in the video. I tried to go from different line to gate two to avoid reversing, but that plan didn't work out too well. Rolled over on the way and at the end still had to reverse. Kuva On the gate four I couldn't see the correct line and accidentally hit the marker. Kuva Then I got my driving back on good mood, and drove perfectly till the last gate, where I had to take another reverse. It was pretty good course for me. No bigger complains. Kuva

DravTech Finals (-57/-70)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWShNiF4oRk

Finals course. Before this one, I had over fourty point lead, so I knew that finishing it would probably be enough. Bonuses looked fun, so I decided to go all in. Made a plan for my route on the course and managed to drive all of the five bonuses! Kuva Took gate number three, when my rig started to roll saved it on the gate. Three reverses all together. I was really suprised how well it went. Really fun finals course! Kuva And again, champagne crowned this weekend! Kuva

Kuva
Big congratulations to Stephan and Gabriele for the podium. Too bad, that Stephan had that one DNF, it would definately have been really close without that. Kuva

Kuva
Here are the results. Stunningly happy about the finals!

Kuva
Perfect season so far. Really pleased of my performances in Spain!

Kuva
All of them! Kuva

Kuva
This picture really sums up well the nights after the long days on the rocks. It was just epic to hang out with all the my friends out there. So many good memories!! Kuva

Kuva
I've said this on all of my threads already and will say it again. Major thanks to all of the supporters of the first EuroCrawl! The raffle prizes were bang on!! Kuva

Kuva
On the departure day we went on top of the mountain to see sunrise. Kuva

Kuva
Pretty astonishing sight for finnish people. Kuva Last of all I want to give big thanks to my current and earlier sponsors. Without you, it would've been different!

DravTech
RC4WD
Team Ottsix
PURPMART
Offipaita.fi
Krawler Konceptz
Team Brood Racing
E.Y. Designs

PICTURES: João Gurreiro

Now it's time to see what happened on our last competition of the season 2015.

Kuva
RFOT's Crawl Cup #12/12 was held in Pirkkala a week after EuroCrawl. This was to be the last competition in Kai-modosu's career. Kuva

Kuva
I removed some of the weights from spanish setup, cause it was no needed on these slippy rocks. Kuva

Kuva
We had four tricky courses and I was able to finish all of them. Mistakes here and there, but nothing too bad compared to my rival.

Kuva
Eighteen competitions. Eighteen victories. This is some rig. Kuva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe1p-Qfm-_g
Here is my third course performance on video. This was maybe the toughest course of the day. I managed to drive both of the bonuses, but also took two gates. The rocks really were stunningly slippery. Kuva

Kuva
Another clear victory for this rig. It's so sad to not be able to compete with it anymore. Kuva

After this comp it has been on the shelf and I'm aiming to do one more message about it before the year changes. Then I will tare it apart and move some of it's parts to my pro. I will start building new shafty next year. Kuva
Viimeksi muokannut Zarizi Tech, Ti 22.12.2015 18:13. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » La 26.12.2015 17:24

Sad but true. Final post for this thread. Kuva

Kuva
In RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 this thing was in the class of it's own. Won 11 comps of 12. (Didn't take part in the first comp). Kuva Once macman got close, when the winning marginal was only two points! Kuva

Kuva
It has been unbeliveably reliable. No problems with the gears, where I thought the weak point might be. Only bigger problems was the air wents being in the side of the tires and drag link screw ripping the tires apart in mid season. That's all on me though. Kuva

Kuva
Firstly I want to thank Sendai-Mokei Crawlers from Japan, giving me the opportunity to drive with this mod. Kuva It has been blast from day one!

18 comps - 18 victories.

European Champion
Nordic Champion
Finnish Champion
RFOT Club Champion

Sad, that I could not join the Worlds, it would have been great to see the performance in there. Kuva Now it's time to start thinking something new again. Glad that this build got so many followers. It was fun year for sure, but now the body has to go on the shelf. Kuva

"Until my hearth is cold, every breath of mine is yours."
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Vastaa Viestiin