Ei ääniä

Ääniä yhteensä: 0

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Re: #96 Carnage

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » To 28.05.2015 19:33

Back to the comp ground!

Kuva
We had local comp last saturday in Rauma. Southwestern part of Finland.

Kuva
Sofi had clearly forgot the little mistakes from the previous comp, cause the driving on saturday was really good. Kuva

Kuva
Course two. Easiest of the day. You gotta make most of it though.

Kuva
Bonushunter! Kuva

Kuva
Rig was working great till the spur gear turned into a smash. The other screw from the motor had completely fallen off at some point. Weird cause it was just tightened before the comp. Kuva Luckily it broke down on the hard course, so minimal damage was done to the overall standings.

Kuva
Another bonus in the books! Kuva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC3JJ1BKeBg
Here is that course two in video. Great driving!! Kuva

Kuva
Here are the results. Sofi can be really proud of that result. She managed to get back on her best performances after dissapointing last comp. Kuva

Now there will be a comp free moth for Sofi, but she'll be back behind the wheel on July. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN
President of ERCCA / Member of WRCRCO
DravTech ~ Ottsix ~ RC4WD ~ Offipaita ~ Krawler Konceptz

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Re: Carnage

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Su 12.07.2015 16:09

Time to make return for the comps next weekend. Let's blow the dust off from the beetle and start preparing! Kuva

Kuva
Changed the oil from the shocks and secured the screws. All set for Sofi's comeback. It's been over a month since last comp, so there will be no preassure by putting some crazy goals for her. It's time to focus on the basic driving again and start training for EuroCrawl on November. We'll see how it goes this time. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Softy
Nyyppä

Vs: Carnage

Viesti Kirjoittaja Softy » Pe 17.07.2015 11:29

So, time to start racing again tomorrow. Have to say that I might have some pressure on me because it has been while since I've driven last time. Kuva Samu has been taking good care of the rig so I think that driving tomorrow will be as pleasant as always! All in all it's just good to have some training before the big comp in November Kuva
[align=center]Sofi Sarka, RFOT, FIN
Holmes Hobbies ~ Ottsix ~ RC4WD ~ Offipaita ~ Zarizi Tech[/align]

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Ke 22.07.2015 18:22

Some report from the comp last saturday. Kuva

Kuva
The weather was perfect for racing on the morning. Allthough massive rain cloud cancelled the last course. It all can change so rapidly in Finland.

Kuva
Starting for the course number two.

Kuva
Carnage was working without any problems for the whole day.

Kuva
Sofi had good driving keeping in mind the lack of practice.

Kuva
Going for the really long downhill bit...

Kuva
Which had a narrow gate half way down. Kuva

Kuva
Sofi didn't manage to get this course to the finishing gate.

Kuva
But it was a good try. Rig is working, but the driver needs more time behind the wheel.

Kuva
Getting some more experience before the Eurocrawl is really important now.

https://youtu.be/9nY5_JmGYN0
Here is the third course on video. This performance got Sofi up in the rankings. One of the three persons to make this to the tenth gate! Kuva Second best score from here. Wise driving!

Kuva
Here are the results! Sofi can be really proud of that fourth position in that crew! Kuva There is still lot to do, but this was an excellent come back! Kuva

Next comp will probably be on september for Sofi, but it is possible, that we will see her on the rocks sooner. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Softy
Nyyppä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Softy » Ma 27.07.2015 15:09

I had a good comp in Nokia. Carnage worked extremely well and I think I hadn't lost my driving skills over the month. Tracks were quite difficult to drive but that's normal in Finnish crawling series. Next I will hopefully race in Kotka on august. Just training, training and training before EuroCrawl! Kuva

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Pe 14.08.2015 22:14

Time to go for another comp! Kuva

Kuva
We did some practice last weekend and changed some curves from the radio. Driver liked it more now and is eager to fight for good positions tomorrow! Thumbs up for Sofi! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » To 27.08.2015 20:25

Another competition in the books for Sofi.

Kuva
Fourth round of Finnish National Series 2015.

Kuva
Starting course one.

Kuva
Second course went ok. Few mistakes, but all the way to finish. Kuva

Kuva
This first course seemed to be a lot better.

Kuva
No mistakes and pure driving! Kuva

Kuva
Sofi is starting to really know this rigs capabilites.

Kuva
Going for bonus! Kuva

Kuva
The last two courses of the day were really difficult. Sofi managed to get fairly good points compared to the rest of the field.

Kuva
Another bonus on the first course.

Kuva
This was a great performance! Full house -40 points! Kuva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00KueHoMrjI
And here it is in video. Really nice control of the rig. Kuva

Kuva
Sofi was really not that far from podium! Driving is improving comp by comp! Kuva Nice job!

Next comp will be just after a week. It will be the final round of Finnish Series.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » To 03.09.2015 17:26

Getting the rig ready for saturday.

Kuva
Should be another epic battle closer and closer to the podium. 13 rigs in the line on saturday. Sofi is currently fifth in the series points. She stands a chance to rise to fourth with a good result. Kuva That's where we are aiming of course. And a good clean comp! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Pe 11.09.2015 11:07

The last comp of Finnish National Series is done with again a positive result! Kuva

Kuva
Tech in progress. Too bad I don't have any comp pics of Carnage this time. The weather and the lack of time kept my camera away... Kuva

Kuva
Sofi drove well again. She broke the idler gear from the transmission on the third course and that ruined the chances to be on the podium this time. But driving is now on a good level in my opinion. Kuva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eLs4YvUE6k
Here is video of the last course. Couple of tricky gates, but other than that really good performance. Basic level is soon to be reached. Kuva

Kuva
Fifth place today in twelve driver field. Without the incident with the transmission it would've been third. Quite close racing. Kuva

Kuva
Fifth spot in the series results as well. She can be very proud of that. Lot's of good names behind the back. Good season overall.

Now it's time to start constentrating for the big event. EuroCrawl! Before that there is still two local comps to be driven. And some training of course! Kuva
Viimeksi muokannut Zarizi Tech, Pe 11.09.2015 12:41. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Softy
Nyyppä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Softy » Ma 21.09.2015 14:06

I think I've managed to get a nice grip from Carnage. The car finally feels really good. And now when I've understood the capabilities of Carnage driving is a lot more easier. I do feel a bit sad of the break down that I had. The transmission cost me extra +10 points Kuva Those ten points were quite crucial in the comp. Well, no can do.

Luckily there is still few comps to train with Carnage before EuroCrawl. I'm trying to keep up the good spirit! Kuva

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Su 04.10.2015 16:43

So, last week I prepared Carnage for the comp on 17th.

Kuva
I had set of ripped VooDoo's so I made two non-slidy MT-4's! Kuva Now I can place the radio even on the steep part of terrain without fearing it to slide down. Kuva

Kuva
Then I replaced the broken idler gear on the transimission. Have to get steel ones to EuroCrawl.

Kuva
All set for the next one.

It's gonna be second to last comp before EuroCrawl, so much needed practise is to be done there. Hopefully some great performances too! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » To 22.10.2015 18:43

RFOT's Crawl Cup Comp 10 is done and Sofi got some good practise for EuroCrawl.

Kuva
Five rigs on the line in this competition. Little bit less than expected.

Kuva
First course. Already a tough one.

Kuva
But Sofi was good enough to finish it. She had a good fight for the third position in every course.

Kuva
She was three points behind of the third before the last course. Kuva

Kuva
With cool head she made it through with relly good points and scored well deserved third position! Kuva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMVrYBLXx3k
Here she is on the third course. This was the easiest of the day, but Sofi was in for a hurry at the end. Kuva

Kuva
Third place is good enough score from this comp. Let's do one more before EuroCrawl! Kuva

Kuva
There is still quite big gap for the leader, but she is slowly working on her way through the ranks. Basic performing seems to be on the spot now. Kuva

After two weeks the racing continues. Last comp before EuroCrawl! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Ti 27.10.2015 17:29

Time to start preparing for the last comp before EuroCrawl!

Kuva
Nothing to fix. Rig has been flawless lately! Kuva

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... qU/pubhtml
Here is live scoring link. Comp is on 7th of November starting at 09:00AM CET. Last proper training before the big games. Should be good weather still after two weeks. We will see. Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Su 08.11.2015 15:57

Last comp before the big one is behind now.

Kuva
We had really good weather to drive shafty class bearing in mind that it's November. Kuva

Kuva
It was wet and courses were slippery, but that didn't keep us for having fun! Kuva

Kuva
Sofi prepping for the second course.

Kuva
First course went quite well. Finished well in time and good basic driving.

Kuva
This second course was little bit trickier, but yet again finished performance!

Kuva
From this pic you can see the surface of the rock, which is covered in mud. Kuva

Kuva
Third course was really good for Sofi, until the very last gate, which was incredibly slippery. Sofi had one minute to clear it, but couldn't just get the front to climb to the top. Kuva

Kuva
Luckily Sofi packed that misery with epic fourth course. Kuva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePbuq0Wtw5M
Here it is. This was really good performance and a great way to end season in Finland. Sofi won't be participating on the last comp of RFOT's Crawl Cup in December, but she'll be in action after three weeks on the beach rocks of Almuñécar, Spain! Kuva

Kuva
With this third place Sofi secured her third spot overall in RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015! Really well done whole season through! Kuva

Now it's time to make neccasery preparations for EuroCrawl!
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » To 19.11.2015 19:34

Last update before the comp! (I promise! Kuva)

Kuva
Here is Carnage after the last comp. It was time to tare it apart and do some service. Kuva

Kuva
Gears in the axles were top notch condition. Kuva

Kuva
Some shock filling and front axle check.

Kuva
No extra left over screws on the table. That's good. Kuva

Kuva
Service done. Lets wash them tires.

Kuva
All set now. This rig has been working really well in Finland. I made it actually keeping in mind of the terrain in Spain, so it should do well in there as well. Sofi has time for training on next thursday. We'll look at it and fine tune, if needed. Kuva

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... lI/pubhtml#
Here you can find live scoring for EuroCrawl. Shafty is scheduled to sunday. Kuva

Kuva
Last time in Spain Sofi managed to get in the finals. Now it's bigger comp though. With 28 drivers on the line, I see Sofi on top 13 with a good driving. Kuva Time to kick some ass! Kuva Right?!
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Softy
Nyyppä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Softy » Ti 24.11.2015 15:05

So, I'm heading for the hot beaches of Spain tomorrow evening! Carnage is now in a fine condition cause Samu did the service for it. It's hard to set any goals for the comp because the Spain terrain is so different compared to the one we have here in Finland. However my rig is working perfectly so this one is on me now. All in all it's fun to end the comp year in Spain with all the other drivers. Hope we'll have a wonderful comp weekend in Spain! Kuva

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Ma 14.12.2015 19:16

Highlight of the season 2015 is now behind. EuroCrawl was a really epic event for us! Kuva

Kuva
Sofi arrived on wednesday and we had the whole thursday time for training.

Kuva
Feeling confident with the rig. Kuva

Kuva
Few modifications had to be done to the rig, because of the grip. Earlier she had green mini-t rear springs in rear, but now we switched them to blue ones. Also added 40g of weight each side on the rear axle. Kuva This combo seemed to be working really well. Tires were on the ground most of the time, which was key to success here.

Kuva
Competition morning was just as beautiful as the ones before. Kuva

Kuva
Everyone getting set to go on the courses.

Kuva
Me and Sofi ran with the awesome portugese guys! Thanks for the laughs, it was epic day for sure! KuvaKuva

Kuva
Carnage on Krawler Konceptz course. Nice course to start.

Kuva
Sofi was too nervous at the first course in this class as well. That's why the DNF. Or then again, it might have been too loud spotter, that ruined this run. Kuva

Kuva
Fanatic RC course two was already much better. Kuva

Kuva
Lot's of difficult gates to clear. Sofi made this course with a nice score. Only one gate! Kuva

Kuva
Setup turned out to be really good on this terrain.

Kuva
Making the gate with small tolerances means, that there had to be a lot of concertration involved. Kuva

Kuva
Really nice steep climb from the third course! Kuva

Then it's time for video corner! Kuva (Again sorry for my crappy filming. Trying to be a "spotter" and filmer is not a good combination. Kuva)

Krawler Konceptz Course (+24/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT8RnxvzZ3M

First course of sunday. The famous nerves didn't keep cool on this course. Same thing as day before with the pro class. Sofi took gate coming down from the second gate. The lower bit was little off camber, so with all honesty it was a tough one to clear. Problems started approaching to the gate seven. I told her to go with my line, but apparently Sofi didn't see it so clearly. It's always better to go with your own lines. One minute off right there. After that, there wasn't enough time to finish. Kuva

Fanatic RC Course (-6/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf5YuVXZaCw

Course number two was already a lot better for Sofi. Nervous driving was gone and there are some really confident lines approaching gates. Only a little mistake on nineth gate, but other than that, it was really good performance! Kuva

Holmes Hobbies Course (-6/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOSr_Otc5MY

This was the best course by far for Sofi. Really calm and nice driving even with bonus! Kuva Until the very last gate, where she fell and had to take first repo and then straddle. It would have been astonishing without that, but it's pretty darn good like this as well! Kuva

Crawler-Keller Course (+36/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjo7xnn-gNk

This course was a total disaster this time. Sofi's two most challenging things added together; downhill and reversing. Well you can all see how well that went. Nothing more to report. Kuva Next year these two things are main priority when we are training. Kuva

Team Ottsix Course (+4/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD_BTwXmMvw

After the disaster on the fourth course, it was time to catch some breath and get back to the positive performances. In this course Sofi had to take gate two, which was really tight. I don't think there was too many clear performances from that gate. After the fourth gate on downhill (yet again) mistake and wrong direction on the bonus gate. Repo and ten points. After that everything went really smooth and Sofi was able to finish third course of her comp! Good job! Kuva

RcBros Course (+22/-40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-apcAotiGTI

The last course for the day. One of the hardest for sure. Pretty good driving up till sixth gate, where the rig got stuck and flew all the way down. To save time Sofi took reposition and continued. After the eight gate, there was only 28 seconds left and you really can see how close she got! Almost! Kuva But it was really good driving till that point! Kuva

Kuva
Here we have the results. 18th position is something, that I was expecting from Sofi in normal day conditions. Three good courses and three bad. Consistansy is there, we just need to rise the bar a little. Kuva And work on those downhills. Kuva All in all, I'd say that it was a good day!

Kuva
We want to thank all of the sponsors, who participated donating raffle prizes to this competition! Everyone got something! Hats off everyone! KuvaKuva

Kuva
Leaving this scenery behind, it's now good to go on winter vacation and put the rigs on the shelf. When the snow is gone in spring, it's time to get these stuff from there and start practising for coming events. Big congratulations to Sofi for this year. Major improvements as a driver have been done! Kuva

PICTURES: João Gurreiro
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Softy
Nyyppä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Softy » Ti 15.12.2015 12:19

The amazing EuroCrawl is behind! Big thanks to the organization and to all of you who came around. Huge thanks to the sponsors for the donated prizes. And of course thanks to my sponsors Holmes Hobbies, Ottsix, Krawler Konceptz, Purpmart and Offipaita. Kuva

My shafty day went pretty much the same way as my day in pro class. Something good something bad. My rig felt really good because Samu had done some modifications that the rig would go smoothly on the grippy terrain. Position 18 is OK for me but I know that I'm aiming even higher than that. There is still a lot to do and learn!

The first course, Krawler Konceptz course. I had just yesterday screwed up the first course in pro class and apparently I continued the same path with the shafty class as well. Too nervous again. I think that I need to work on my nervers on the first courses a bit more harder. Kuva

Then when you get to the driving spirit it shows! The course number two, Fanatic Rc- course, was a lot more better for me. I'm really happy with that course because my driving was pretty calm and smooth.

The third course, the Holmes Hobbies course, was yet again a fine one! Only thing that bothered me was the drop before the last gate. Reposition and straddle cost a lot. Otherwise a nice course.

The fourth course, The Crawler-keller course. A massive catastrophe. First time when I looked at that course I remember cursing in my mind about the gate number two. Rest of the course looked nice but unfortunately I never got to drive it. KuvaReversing in downhill... If something really is my weak spot, that is. I had already decided that I'd reverse it and Samu agreed with me. The problem was that at the time when I was reversing and Samu gave me instructions I didn't really see the line and I felt pretty unsecure with the rig. That gate took all of my time and points so that was pretty much it. It was a massive disappointment for me and I think that for Samu too. Luckily I know my weak spot and now I'm determined to work on that. Next year in EuroCrawl reversing in downhill will definetly be one of my strenghts. Kuva

The fifth course, Team Ottsix course, was a massive improvement to the previous one. Without the drop from the gate number four including driving the bonus wrong direction this course would have been even better. But all in all a good one.

The last course, The RcBros course, let me finish this class also with a smile on my face. Although I didn't cross the finish line I'm still really proud of this performance. The course was a tricky one. So that performance was just good enough.

All in all my shafty day included a massive catastrophe but also some performances that I'm really proud of. The rig worked as brilliantly as always. Only problem was inside of the driver's head. That problem is set to be repaired before the next big comp. Now it's time to put the rigs on the shelf and take some time of crawling. Next year is another comp year!

Yet again thanks to all of you! We made this Eurocrawl as perfect as it was. Hope to see you all next year and of course some new faces too. Looking forward! Kuva

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » La 26.12.2015 13:11

After long season it's time to put up one more message.

Kuva
RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 ended up like this. Sofi was able to pull off the third spot after twelve competitions. Some pretty amazing performances were included in this season, so it was great way to control those nerves for the bigger competitions. Kuva

Kuva
Basically the rig has been amazing. Few broken parts during the season. We will be switching off to DravTech transmission, so it should be way better next year. Maybe some other changes too, but I'm still thinking. I will probably drive this rig in shafty as a second driver, cause for the moment I have no shafty. We'll see how well that turns out. Kuva

Kuva
Highlight of the season was definately the first victory in RFOT's Crawl Cp Comp 1! Arctic Specialist! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Zarizi Tech
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zarizi Tech » Ke 06.01.2016 15:15

Some updates arrived for Carnage. Kuva

Kuva
Finally proper gearbox! DravTech SuDu One transmission. Kuva

Kuva
Time to get rid of the stock one. Kuva

Kuva
Assembled the parts together with Dravpnir's guide. Without it there would possibly have been some head scratching. Kuva Good instructions Tobias! Kuva

Kuva
Time to add grease.

Kuva
Here is the massive size difference between these two. Kuva

Kuva
And no more broken spur gears!! Kuva

Kuva
Had to shortern my drive shaft bodies to get it fit in the front.

Kuva
Assembled! Kuva

Kuva
Still have to solder longer wires on it. These are truely quality parts by DravTech. Can't wait to test it out soon! Kuva
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN

Vastaa Viestiin